Scheduling is directly proportional to productivity. In our earlier posts, we took you through the basics and importance of scheduling, how technology is useful in scheduling and workforce management impact through scheduling. Today, let us see a concise on ways to make employee scheduling easy.
When we talk about employee scheduling, it is an important concern for every manager. When the scheduling process is ineffective, there would be a lot of stress and pressure on the team as well as the leader. The employee morale goes down considerably as a non-scheduled process does not water their skills and needs.
- Team introduction: First of all, the leader must know each and everyone in the team. When there is a list of team members with the specified roles and skills, it becomes easier for scheduling.
- Communication: Give a chance for your staff to communicate their needs. The preferred shift timings, the area of work they are comfortable with, everything must be taken into consideration while scheduling the employees.
- The schedule must be accessible: once you have created the work schedule, then it must be accessible to each and every member of the team. Create a work schedule draft online and send it to the team. This way, they will know how the plan, area of work and deadline. Giving physical copies might be waste of paper as well as employees tend to lose them. So, it is best to create a sheet and share it online.
- Handle emergencies: As a leader of a team, it is important to have an emergency back-up plan. Always schedules cannot work perfectly. At times, there might be sudden reasons for people to take an off for work. During this time, a well-organized chart might help the leader, rather than to brood over the absentees.
- Find the right person: Everyone is skilled in a way. It takes a right person to tap those skills. For being an effective leader, it is important that the correct skills are tapped. This would not only boost the employee morale, but also help the company stick to the schedule.
Scheduling being our cynosure this week, we will in tomorrow’s blog post see how scheduling helps to prioritize tasks.
Habiliss, we support your needs virtually.