Patience is always seen as an invaluable skill. Self improvement’s basic is to have the power of patience in your hands. Let us today learn the power of patience and how it plays a major role in self improvement goals:
Patience is a skill that evaporates when it’s needed much. When we are late for a very important meeting or when we are caught in traffic jam, our patience level goes below zero. But, have we ever noticed why this happens? This happens to us because when we are forced to wait, psychologically, our stress increases and invokes the feeling of anger and anxiety in us. When this happens, we fail to be patient and that reflects on the way we treat other people around us.
There are certain signs of impatience one can visibly see and undergo:
- Shallow breathing
- Muscle tension
- Hand clenching or tightening
- Restlessness in feet
- Taking very quick decisions without thinking
When one is impatient or bursts of anger strike through, the outcomes are different. It lets other people bring about notions of the person’s characteristics. When a person is impatient, it shows that he or she is self-centered, and concerned with their own needs and wants, than the struggle or desires of others. This is absolutely normal from the giver and the taker point of view. But are there ways that one can become patient? If you ask, the answer might be a partial yes, because, everyone tends to lose their patience sometimes. Only thing we can do is to decrease the intensity of the impatience.
- Take a deep breath, and immediately count from 1 to 10. This lets you cool down at the moment and make sure that you focus on the issue in a different point of view.
- You need to manage your emotions. You have the decision to choose how to react in every situation. Learn to act according to the situation.
- Practice active and empathetic listening. Make sure that you listen patiently to what the other person says. Half of the problems would be solved if there is an active two-way communication.
- Remember that your one minute of impatient and angry talk can cause you to lose a valuable friendship or relationship.
In the upcoming blog, we will educate ourselves on the simple ways one can deal with negativity and come over it.